We have searched the internet and drained our brains for the best study hacks to help you remember information more quickly and easily. Check out study hacks #1 – #5 – This may ultimately help you do better in your exams:
1. Walk Before an Exam : Exercise not only makes your body feel great, but it is proven to boost your memory and your brain power. Dr. Chuck Hillman, provides evidence that about 20 minutes of exercise before an exam can significantly improve performance
2. Read Out Loud Instead of Simply Reading: You are 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over. This may make you look a little odd, but give it a try anyway! You will be surprised how much more you can remember when you have said it out loud. Warning: The library may not be a good place to try this, especially if its crowded!
3. Treat Yourself: Are your a chocolate lover, chips, or the infamous Gummy Bears. Whatever you like can be integrated as a reward system into your study habits.
4. Teach Someone What You Have Learned: Ok, so depending on what you have been studying, your willing audience size may vary, however the best way to really know if you understand something is to try to teach it to someone else. If you can’t get anyone to listen to you explain the cardiovascular system, teach a class of stuffed animals or better yet record yourself teaching it to a camera and play it for yourself later when you study again!
5. Create Mental Associations: The ability to make connections is not only an easier way to remember information, but it is the fuel of creativity and intelligence. Steve Jobs famously said “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did somehting, they feel a little guilty because the didn’t really do it, they just saw something”.
Try out some of these hacks and see how your study session improves. Still looking for more ideas on how to improve retention and have a productive study session? Check out Part 2 of our Study Hacks Guide!
Classes are Forming Now!
If you are interested in enrolling click the link below and get started today!